Sample Cover Letter For Finance Coordinator
Sample Cover Letter For Finance Coordinator
Dear Hiring Manager
RE: Application for the Position of Finance Coordinator
Today’s International Development projects/programs and Not for Profit Organizations and the environment we deliver the projects in, require exceptional senior financial and operations management executives who possess a unique blend of leadership, vision, broad-based experience and the ability to deliver superior results within budget, time, quality and client’s expectations. I am that person and l want to explore the boundaries of my performance and increase my competency to take part in Save The Children related development and charity programs.
Being an experienced and solutions-focused Administrator with a comprehensive background in strategic financial planning and expertise in; operations management and cross-functional acumen in the full complement of corporate finance. I am exploring the available position within Save the Children as a Finance Coordinator. I am a highly experienced professional with documented contributions in providing superior results, and I am confident I will be a valuable asset to Save the Children on its programs.
The scope of my expertise and background includes, a Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Accounting and currently studying for my Master of Science in Public Financial Management with the University of London (CeFiMS, SOAS). 17 years of extensive practical rich mix of financial, accounting, audit, administration, compliance, procurement and contracts, human resources management and grant management experience within; International Development and Not for Profit. I have continuously demonstrated exceptional supervisory and analytical capabilities with a focus on designing, implementation and controlling of financial systems and the financial operations and business support functions of a large regional development programs with multi-million budget through to implementing process improvements, developing targeted plans, and delivering solutions within compliance to Donor’s financial and procurement regulations, budgets, client expectations, timelines and delivery dates through to providing excellent stewardship of resources.
My professional motivation is to work in a challenging work environment with the possibility for professional growth. In the following I wish to highlight my key competencies and personal passion for working with quality coordination and administrative support, that are germane to the position and which makes me an ideal candidate for Finance Coordinator position at Save the Children:
- I have the skills to provide strategic guidance and maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and extensive knowledge in accounting with the ability to analysis and prepare budgets, managerial and financial reports. I can make sure that all expenditures are recorded and that all donor and organizations financial obligations are met;
- Solid ability to detect and reconcile discrepancies in financial & accounting records and internal controls gaps;
- Solid ability to make mathematical calculations, reconciliations rapidly and accurately;
- Exceptional knowledge of formulating, justifying and executing multi-programs and multi-currency budgets and procurement practices;
- Strong knowledge of accounting, taxation and financial legislation, policies and procedures development together with accounting techniques, the legal and regulatory environment in Southern (including south Africa) and East Africa and managing business;
- Proven ability at mitigating risk of fraud or misuse of grant funds and minimize ineligible expenditures and uses of grant funds;
- My ability to manage a matrix reporting relationship, donor relations and the capacity to competently brief superiors on key issues and developments;
- Recognized by peers, subordinates, and senior Leadership for tenacity and the ability to gracefully handle dynamic of rapidly changing environment;
- I have great supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to communicate efficiently with clients and strategic business partner, the ability identify risk and mitigate risk to finding solutions to problems that arise and outstanding organizational skills.
- My ability to maintain and promote a culture of high performance and continuous, commitment to quality and monitoring staff performance, development of goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and conduct performance appraisal;
- Particularly adept at streaming, reorganizing and leading large global staff productivity in multiple offices and excellent staff management skills, including managing senior level executives towards reaching key goals and supervising teams of diverse staff members.
I am enthusiastic about putting my talents to use in a new way and support Save the Children on its financial management and administrative objectives. I feel certain my strong initiative and commitment to excellence, coupled with my solid management background will be of immediate value to Save the Children. Based on my understanding of the job responsibilities listed in the ad, plus the value I could bring to Save the Children and my understanding of the market, my remuneration requirement is in the R844,800 – R900,000 range per year; however, my salary is negotiable based on the overall compensation package.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about Save the Children plans and goals discuss your needs and my potential contributions.